Saturday 13 January 2018

New year, new animation!

So a new year has come and now that the festivities are over I can start to focus on animation again. "Meatballs" is still incomplete at the moment but I have ramped things up and the aim is to have it finished for Jan 21st.

I have also been in contact with a Scottish DJ recently who is part of a comedy podcast with two Scottish comedians. What they are looking to do is to add animated characters over the voices to complement what they are discussing.

So far I have designed the three hosts and will be moving on to doing an animatic shortly for the first clip, which is about a minute long.

Following on from that, I will focus on getting "Meatballs" completed and out there. I have also put together my 2018 showreel and will have that updated on the site once "Meatballs" is finished.

I am also writing my own short story, which is at around 10,000 words, so as can be expected, doing this while working a 40 hour p/w job, is pretty exhausting. I am looking forward to getting the dog animation done and focusing on the new piece. It's hard to believe it started as a 24 hour animation idea that was supposed to be completed within a day.

I will update again in a week or so once the latest project is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment